
Oba Fredrick Obateru-Akinruntan: son-in-law to kidnapped Adeborile
Mrs
Omogbene Adeborile, 65, the the mother-in-law to Oba Fredrick
Obateru-Akinruntan, the Olugbo of Ugboland, has been kidnapped in
Igbotako, Ondo State.
Adeborile was abducted on Saturday at her
residence in Igbotako, Okitipupa Local Government Area of Ondo State at
about 10:00 p.m.
Adeborile who is also the wife of Chief Babatunde
Adeborile, Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party, Igbotako Ward II , was
carted away by at least eight gunmen.
Oba Akinruntan who was
ranked the second richest monarch in Africa and first in Nigeria is
believed to be worth around $300 million. He is also the founder of Obat
Oil, one of Nigeria’s largest privately-held oil trading companies.
According
to an eyewitness, who preferred anonymity, “I was in my house when I
heard gunshots. I thought they were armed robbers; I scampered for
safety and started praying.
“I later learnt that eight gunmen took mama into a waiting vehicle and escaped before the police came,” he told NAN.
Efforts to get a member of the Adeborile family to comment on the incident proved abortive.
Chief
Solomon Bitire, the Caretaker Chairman, Okititipupa LG, confirmed the
incident, saying that he would meet the Commissioner of Police on the
matter.
“The incident is true. The commissioner of police is aware of the matter. I will be meeting him over the matter,” Bitire said.
Kindly like our facebook fanpage and also follow us on twitter below.
Title :
Richest Nigerian monarch Mother-in-law has been kidnapped
Description : Oba Fredrick Obateru-Akinruntan: son-in-law to kidnapped Adeborile Mrs Omogbene Adeborile, 65, the the mother-in-law to Oba Fredrick O...
Rating :
5